We have been training receivers as part of our QB Country program since Day 1 and launched WR Country in 2017 to provide an expanded position-specific training program. The goal is to give young pass catchers a well-rounded education that touches on every important aspect of playing wide receiver and tight end. You can expect a small group training format of 4-5 receivers and a competitive, practice-like environment with individualized instruction.
Receiver training is held year-round in conjunction with quarterback training and scheduled through your QB Country coach.
WR Training Highlights Highlights
- The foundations of being a functional athlete
- The art of catching the football
- The foundations of stance and start
- The foundations of blocking at WR and TE
- The art of getting off press man
- The steps and depth of each route
- The nuances to excelling as a pass catcher
- Leadership, teamwork, hard, smart work and integrity
- Defensive football (fronts and coverage)
- Concepts and situational football
- The difference between man and zone
- The realities of the recruiting process and how to get recruited